The course supports the students to learn how to calculate design and control oil and gas implants' components
he lessons will be held three-weekly in the second half of the second year, also the calculation and project exercises will be carried out.
Additions to the knowledge of the state of stress and strain.
• ideal stresses for brittle and ductile materials,
• Failure under constant load.
• Creep at high temperature, creep curves, the design of components that work at high temperature: use of the relations of Larson - Miller,
• Curves of unstable crack propagation, safety coefficients for components working at high temperature.
• Failures under cyclic loading (fatigue) in the presence of high temperature and aggressive ambient.
• Nucleation and propagation of the crack, up to fracture, estimate the life of a component, systems of experimental controls in situ.
• Design of components for the chemical industry and environmental requirements.
Piping and Instrumentation Diagram
Lines for the transport of fluids (Dangerous and non)
• piping under pressure,
• connections with flanges,
• connections by welding,
• valves, choice of valves and safety systems.
• Using traditional methods and computer codes dedicated,for the design of lines
• Calculation of natural frequencies of vibration of piping lines or parts of piping lines.
• Issues for the control of the state of safety of operating lines, control systems and non-destructive analysis.
• Assessments on the recycles of the line parts and complete replacement.
pressure vessels and chemical reactors,
• Behavior membrane of axial symmetric shells.
• Instability of the cylinders subjected to external pressure and funds flat and curved.
• Edge effects (cylindrical shell): compatibility of deformations, additional stresses.
• Containers and thick parts: general theory, states of stress due to pressure and temperature, constructive solutions for high pressure (control of the load on the bolts).
• Containers Project in accordance with Italian legislation, European Directive 97/23 PED Pressure •Equipment, harmonized standard EN 13445 (calculations using traditional logic and FEM codes with comparison of the results, solid models).
• Acceptance of components and equipment checks on materials and components for chemical and petrochemical industrial.
Costruzioni di Macchine II, R. Giovannozzi, Patron
Book Prof Bruno Atzori.
direttiva europea 97/23 PED sulle attrezzature a pressione, norma armonizzata EN 13445 (calcoli mediante logiche tradizionali e codici di calcolo FEM con confronto dei risultati, modelli solidi).
and professor's slide