ING-INF/01 - 6 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffSALVATORE PENNISI
The course is aimed to develop advanced design skills in analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits
Detailed Course Content
- From Electronics to Micro and Nano electronics. VLSI technologies. Asics and design steps.
- Operational amplifiers and applications: instrumentation amplifier, logarithmic amplifier. Effect of finite gain and bandwidth. Noise and distortion. Op Amps architectures. Output stages. The uA741. 3. Operational Transconductance Amplifiers (OTAs). Miller OTAs (class A and AB). Folded Cascode OTA. Telescopic OTA etc. Low voltage solutions. Multistage OTAs and frequency compesnation schemes. Fully differential architectures and common mode control schemes.
- Comparators. Autozeroed comparators Schmitt Triggers.
- Filters. Active and passive filters, continuous time and discrete time solutions. First order and second order filters implmented in RLC, Active-RC, Switched-Capacitor, Gm-C and MOSFET-C approaches. Biqudratic cells (Thow-Thomas, Sallen-Key, Ackerberg-Mossberg, Delyannis-Friend). High-order filters. Gyrators. Automatic tuning for Gm-C filters.
- A/D e D/A converters. Performance and design specifications. Sample and Hold circuits. A/D examples: full flash, two step flash, time interleaved, successive approximation, ramp. D/A examples: current-steering (binary, thermometric, segmented), resistor-string, capacitor-string, ramp.
- Computer Aided Design Tools for microelectronics.
1. D. Johns, K. Martin, Analog Integrated Circuit Design, Wiley&Sons, 1997.
2. Schaumann, Van Valkemburg, Design of Analog Filters, Oxford UniversityPress, 2001.
3. R. Van De Plassche, Integrated Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Converters; Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994.
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano