Upon successful completion of the course, students will reach B2 level. On successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
1) communicate fluently, accurately and appropriately in the target language;
2) use language flexibly and effectively for academic purposes and produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on various subjects;
3) translate short literary texts;
4) process information from a variety of sources (newspapers, audiovisual and electronic sources);
5) work autonomously, evidenced by self-direction and self-discipline.
English linguistics (morphology, syntax, phonetics and phonology); essential grammar of English; Translation: Theory and Practice.
1) K. Ballard, The Frameworks of English, 3rd edition, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
2) M. Foley – D. Hall, My GrammarLab (Intermediate B1/B2), Harlow, Pearson, 2012. Modules: 1-18.
3) B. Osimo, La traduzione saggistica dall’inglese, Milano, Hoepli, 2007;
4) P.Faini, Tradurre - Manuale teorico e pratico, Roma, Carocci, 2010.
5) C. Krantz and R. Roberts, Navigate. B2. Coursebook and Workbook with key, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2016;