To train students in planning and implementing biotechnology strategies aimed at the integrated management of plant diseases, in developing protocols for the exploitation of natural biodiverisity of microorganisms, as well as microbe genes and biomolecules, in developing of molecular diagnostics.
Molecular plant-microbe interactions; virulence and pathogenicity genes, the plant plant immune system; defense technologies based on interference with the pathogens and induction of plant defenses; biology of antagonistic microorganisms and biopesticides; development of biomolecules or genes for biotechnology applications, molecular techniques for diagnosis and characterization of plant associated microorganisms.
1. Belli G. (2012) Elementi di Patologia Vegetale. Piccin Nuova Libraria, Padova. 2nda edizione 454 pp.
2. Agrios G (2005) Plant Pathology. 5th Edition. Academic Press, New York, 952 pp.
3. Dickinson M. (2004) Molecular Plant Pathology. BIOS Scientific Publ., London, 256 pp.
4. Iaccarino M. et al. (2006) Microrganismi Benefici per le Piante. IDELSON-GNOCCHI, Napoli, 208 pp.
5. Giunchedi et al. (2007) Elementi di Virologia vegetale. Piccin Nuova Libraria, Padova, 333 pp.