B1 threshold or intermediate
At the end of the course the student can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations and plans.
The teaching of the English language includes 42 hours of frontal lessons, short conversations on the topics covered are also planned during classes. If teaching is given in a mixed formula or remotely, necessary changes may be introduced to what was previously stated in order to comply with the provided and reported syllabus.
Learning assessment may be done remotely if necessary.
In order to guarantee equal opportunities and in compliance with the laws in force, those students who are interested may request a personal interview so that any compesatory and /or dispensatory measures can be planned, based on the educational objectives and specific needs.
You may also contact the CInAP( Centro per l'integrazione Attiva e Partecipata- Servizi per le disabilità e/o i DSA), reference teachers in our Department: Professor Giovanna Garzia Tropea and Professor Anna De Angelis.
1. Present simple
2. Present continuous
3. Question words: what, where, when, who, why, how many/much
4. Adverbs of frequency
5. Verbs: love, hate, like, dislike, can't stand, enjoy + ing
6. Past simple and past continuous
7. Present perfect wuth just, already, ( not), yet, etc.
8. Present perfect with for and since
9. Comparative and superlative adjectives; too and enough
10. Future forms : present continuous, to be going to and will
11. First conditional
12. Second conditional
13. Third conditional
14. The passive
15. Past perfect
16. Reported speech 17. Modal verbs for obligation and permission
18. Quantifiers and indefinite pronouns
19. Relative clauses
20. Phrasal verbs
Texts: 1) Performer B1 seconda edizione, ( Marina Spiazzi - Marina Tavella - Margaret Layton) - Zanichelli editore.
2) Into focus B1 with word store, ( Sue May - Vaughan Jones - Silvia Minardi - Daniel Brayshaw) - Pearson Longman.
You can refer to school texts and internet resources for exams.
The use of a monolingual dictionary is recommended.