Aim will be to give basics of electromagnetisms (steady state or time-dependent, in vacuum or in matter) and of its propagation. At the end, students will be able to solve simple electromagneticm tasks, basing on the Maxwell equations.
In particular, among the learning objectives, the following skills will be assessed:
- knowledge and understanding
- applying knowledge and understanding
- making judgements
- communication skills
- learning skills
Should the circumstances require online or blended teaching, appropriate modifications to what is hereby stated may be introduced, in order to
achieve the main objectives of the course.
Exams may take place online, depending on circumstances.
Lectures and problem solving.
Cooperative learning session.
Mid-term and end-term written tests.
Electric Fields in Matter
Magnetic Fields in Matter
1. R.A. Serway, J. W. Jewett, Jr, Fisica per Scienze ed Ingegneria, Vol. 2, Quinta edizione, EdiSES
2. P. Mazzoldi, M. Nigro, C. Voci, Fisica volume II Seconda edizione, EdiSES 2000.
3. Edward M. Purcell, La Fisica di Berkley 2, Elettricità e Magnetismo, Zanichelli.