At the end of the course, the student will learn the fundamental concepts of computer science, the encoding of information, the architecture of a computer, the operating systems and software applications. He will also possess a global knowledge on the internet and computer networks, on the theory of databases and on their application for the collection, aggregation and analysis of data related to biological systems.
Lessons ed exercitation in classroom, assignment and correction of homeworks.
n.b.Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
1. Introduction to computer science
2. Encoding and representation of information
3. Architecture of computer
4. Operating system and software application
5. Computer networks and the Internet
6. Introduction to databases
7. Word processors: Microsoft Word
8. Spreadsheets: Microsoft Excel
9. Databases: Microsoft Access
10. Application on biologic systems
See on http://www.dmi.unict.it/salfi/abilitainformatichebio.htm