To provide students basic clinical knowldge of main neurological disease affecting
- central nervous system
- Peripheral nervoussystem
The course aims to provide students adequate knowledge and basic skills in the area of psychiatric science.
At the end of the course student should:
1. be able to recognize and frame the main psychopathological symptoms;
2. know the recent classification of mental illnesses;
3. know the main therapeutic interventions in psychiatry (psiychopharmacological, psychotherapeutic, eehabilitative);
4. have acquired a bsic knowedge of psychiatric legislation and of organization of mental healthcare in Italy.
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Learning assessment may also be carried out on line, should the conditions require it.
Neurodegenerative diseases of central nervous system
Infiammatory diseases of both central and peripheral nervous system
1. SCHIZOPHRENIA Epidemiology, Risk factors and Etiopathogenetic hypothesis, Simptomatology (initial period, state period, course and outcome), Clinical forms, Prognosis, Diagnosis and Differential diagnosis, Therapy. 2. MOOD DISORDERS Epidemiology, Etiopatogenesis, Clinical pictures (Depressive episode, Manic episode, Hypomania, Mixed States), Course (Sigle-Pole, Bipolar, Distimia), Prognosis, Therapy, Suicide. 3. ANXIETY DISORDERS Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia; Social Phobia; Specific Phobias; Generalized Anxiety Disorder; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Post-traumatic Stress Disorder; Anxiety Disorder related to medical conditions, Anxiety Disorder related to substances abuse. Historical and Nosographic notes, Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course, Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis, Comorbility, Prognosis, Therapy. 4. THE NORMAL PERSON AND THE PERSONALITY DISORDERS: Group A (Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal); GROUPB (Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic); Group C (Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-compulsive). Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Medical History, Clinical Progress, Diagnosis and differential diagnosis, Comorbidity, Prognosis, Therapy.
1) Manuale di psichatria e psicologia clinica di Giordano Invernizzi, Cinzia Bressi.
Editore: McGraw-Hill Education Collana: Medicina Edizione: 5 Anno Edizione: 2017
2) Elementi di psichiatria di Filippo Bogetto, Giuseppe Maina, Umberto Albert.
Editore: Minerva Medica Anno Edizione: 2014