- concept of poison
- diagnosis of poisoning
- brief description of the pharmacokinetics (absorption, distribution, metabolism and
excretion of drugs)
- methodology of chemical-toxicological survey
- carbon monoxide
- drugs of abuse, ethyl alcohol, opiates and derivatives, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines,
hallucinogens, drugs, volatile substances
- legal aspects of drugs
- ethyl alcohol and driving
- research for drugs in biological and non-organic samples
Extractive techniques from biological matrices for the detection of: antidepressants and
antipsychotics, organic alkaloidal substances, benzodiazepines, opiates, cocaine and
metabolites, methadone, cannabinoids, ethyl alcohol, methyl alcohol and volatile substances.
Specific analytical techniques: screening test, GC-MS, GC-ECD, GC-FID headspace.
Bertol E, Mari F, Lodi F, Marozzi E. Trattato di tossicologia forense. CEDAM, Padova, 2000.
Bertol E. Analitica tossicologia. Aspetti tecnici interpretativi, giuridici e deontologici, Esculapio,