The aim of the course is to provide students with the principles inherent in homeostasis and the functioning of the animal cell including some interaction mechanisms with the interstice and with other cells. The molecular changes implemented by cells that elude the basic rules of cellular behavior are also examined. Finally, the general organizational principles underlying the physiological functions and their integration are analyzed.
During the course of the lessons there will be written tests and oral interviews in the appeals indicated in the exam calendar.
The student will receive a pdf of some topics covered in class, which can be downloaded from the site: http://www.dsf.unict.it/corsi/lm-13/docenti/rosalba.parenti
Introduction to the study of cell physiology.
- Basic cellular processes
- Intercellular communication
- Homeostasis and regulation
- Hormonal control
- Neuron: cellular properties and nervous network
- Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection
- Cancer cells: when cells elude the basic rules of physiological behavior
- Staminal cells
- Application of cell therapy
- Regenerative medicine
- Preclinical models in biomedical research
Tagletti, Casella - Fisiologia e biofisica della cellula. EDISES
Alberts, Bray, Hopkin, Johnson, Lewis, Raff, Roberts, Walter – L’essenziale di biologia molecolare della cellula – ZANICHELLI
Carbone, Cicirata, Aicardi, Fisiologia: dalle molecole ai sistemi integrati. EDISES