The educational aim of the course is the presentation of the diseases that can affect the oral cavity. Of each will be clarified the etiopathogenesis, symptoms, differential diagnosis and therapeutic principles.
Internship in the dental chair, under guidance of the tutor, to run ,as first operator , diagnoses of dysfunctional deseases in tempero-mandibular joint.
Making a correct visit and drafting Pedodontic folder . Knowledge and differential diagnosis of stomatognathic's diseases in children. Choice and interpretation of instrumental tests specific for different oral diseases. Making conservative dental therapies , interceptive orthodontic treatment and minor oral surgery.
-The course aims at teaching the principles of orthodontic practice , with particular emphasis on semiotics orthodontic and key points of positioning BRACKET .
Lectures with video projection of clinical cases, practical training on patient and practical exercises on animal tissues and on extracted teeth
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Learning assessment may also be carried out on line, should the conditions require it.”
Internship in the dental chair, under guidance of the tutor.
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus..
Training on patients.
If the teaching is given in a mixed or remote way, the necessary changes with respect to what was previously stated may be introduced, in order to comply with the program envisaged and reported in the program.
If the teaching is given in a mixed or remote way, the necessary changes may be introduced from what has been stated above, in order to comply with the programme envisaged and reported in the syllabus.
1. Pathology of teething syndrome neodental and dysodontiasis third molar
2. Abnormal teeth shape, volume, number, structure, and location
3. Osteitis and osteomyelitis of the jaw bones
4. Osteonecrosis of the jaw by bisphosphonates
5. Abscesses and phlegmon perioral
6. Disorders odontogenic maxillary sinuses
7. Odontogenic and non odontogenic cysts of the jaws
8. Infections focal odontogenous
9. Odontogenous tumors
10. Traumatic injuries of the jaw ones
11. Neuralgic syndromes maxillo – facial
12. Alterations mucous paraphysiological
14. Burning Mouth Syndrome
15. Elementary lesions of the primary and secondary oral mucosa
16. Infectious diseases, allergic, autoimmune, reactive oral mucosa
17. Oral disorders and dermatological manifestations
18. Epithelial dysplasias
19. Conditions and potentially malignant lesions (etiology and diagnostic procedures)
20. Neoplastic diseases (etiology and diagnostic procedures)
22. Disorders of the salivary glands
23. Oral disorders in HIV infection
24. Disorders and oral drug in transplant patients
25. Perimplant Mucositis and perimplalntitis
26. Periodontal disease
Examination of the mouth and related structures: History and physical examination
Imaging techniques - x-ray examinations
Compilation of pedodontic medical records.
Interpretation of radiographic examinations in pediatric dentistry .
Dental caries prevention and conservative treatment of primary and permanent teeth.
Traumas and fractures and dental tissue support. Pediatric oral surgery.
Temporomandibular disorders in children and adolescents
Photographic examination ( intraoral examination ( side left / right / center ) and extra-oral examination ( profile , front )
Fingerprints taken Orthodontic
Taking the bite in occlusion with wax
Pouring plaster models
Squaring models according Tweed
Anatomical and cephalometric tracing in identifying key anatomical structures
Orthodontic Instruments ( pliers , etc.)
Direct bonding technique
Indirect bonding technique
Construction Arc Utilities
Procedures for Entering Arches and ligatures ( elastic and metal ) with Typodont
Close bracket self-ligating with Typodont
• Ficarra G: Manual of pathology and oral medicine 3 / –MC GRAW-HILL Publisher
• Montebugnoli L: Pathology and Oral Medicine. Martina Editions
• Vozza I: Principles of Pathology Odontostomatology. CIC International Editions
• Lauritano D., Baldoni M: TOPICS OF ORAL MEDICINE -‐ Potentially Malignant Disorders and Oral Carcinoma. Martina Editions
. Testbook Periodontology and Implant therapy SIdP Ed Quintessenza
Course material online in the website of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Catania.
Angus C. Cameron, Richard P. Widmer: Manuale di Pedodonzia / Masson Editore. Milano
Goran Koch, Sven Poulsen: Odontoiatria infantile - Un approccio clinico / Edi-Ermes Editore. Milano