The course includes lectures (more theoretical), and exercises (essential for learning a foreign language) carried out with the help of native speaker.
The program is divided into three modules: the first is dedicated to the acquisition of basic communication skills, and also includes an introduction to the use of dictionaries and the practice of translation; the second module will be dedicated to the history and the culture of the German-speaking Countries; the third one will examine issues of culture and history starting from German cinema.
1) Linguistic skills and competences (A2)
a) Course books:
- Wilfried Krenn, Herbert Puchta, Motive. Kompaktkurs DaF. Kursbuch, Lektion 1-30. Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Hueber, München 2016. ISBN 978-3-19-001878-9 (only the chapters about levels A1 and A2, pp. 1-148)
-Motive. Kompaktkurs DaF. Arbeitsbuch, Lektion 1-30. Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Hueber, München 2016. ISBN 978-3-19-031878-0 (only the chapters about levels A1 and A2, pp. 1-146)
b) Grammar books:
M.G. Saibene, Grammatica descrittiva della lingua tedesca, Carocci, Roma 2002.
M. Reimann, Grammatica di base della lingua tedesca, Hueber, Ismaning 1998.
c) Dictionary Italian – German:
- L. Giacoma and S. Kolb (eds), Il nuovo dizionario di tedesco. Dizionario Tedesco-Italiano Italienisch-Deutsch, second edition, with CD-Rom, Zanichelli, Bologna 2009.
d) Reading text:
- L. Thoma, Eine Frau, ein Mann, Hueber, 2011 (p. 5-17, 73-84. It is available a version with Audio CD).
e) Issues about phonetic, phonology and morphology
- C. Di Meola, La linguistica tedesca, Bulzoni, Roma 2007 [chap. I (phonetic and phonology, p. 17-53), and II (morphology, p. 57-87)]
2) Culture and history of the German-speaking Countries
b) V. Vannuccini, F. Predazzi, Piccolo viaggio nell'anima tedesca, Feltrinelli, Milano 2014 (the whole book, p.1-139).
3) History of German Cinema
- Reader (it will be available on the platform Studium).
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.