- Ability to read and vocalize texts in Standard Arabic;
- ability to recognize and apply the basic grammar rules of Standard Arabic;
- knowledge of the main Morphological aspects of Standard Arabic;
- knowledge of the main Syntactic structures of Standard Arabic;
- ability to translate sentences and texts from Arabic to Italian and from Italian to Arabic;
- ability to speak basics of Colloquial Egyptian Arabic (CEA).
54 hours taught classes or equivalent activities; 96 hours laboratories with mother tongue collaborators.
- Declension of irregular nouns;
- collective nouns;
- the five nouns;
- the relative clause;
- the declarative clause;
- kana and similar verbs;
- inna and similar particles;
- hal clause;
- adverbials of time and space;
- decrees of the adjective;
- quadriliteral verb;
- verba geminata;
- verba hamzatae;
- verba primae infirmae;
- verba mediae infirmae;
- the passive;
- elements of Arabic spoken in Egypt (CEA).
1. Luc-Willy Deheuvels (ed. italiana a cura di A. Ghersetti), Grammatica araba. Manuale di arabo moderno, Zanichelli, Bologna, 2010, vol. 1 e 2.
2. S. Louis, Kallimni ‘Arabi Bishweesh, The American University in Cairo Press, Cairo 2009.
3. R. Traini, Vocabolario arabo-italiano, Istituto per l’Oriente, Roma 1993 e edd. seguenti.
(further reading) L. Veccia Vaglieri, Grammatica teorico-pratica della lingua araba - vol. 1, Istituto per l'Oriente C. A. Nallino, Roma 2011 (II edizione).
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.