ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF PROTECTED AREAS
AGR/01 - 6 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffMARIA DE SALVO
via Santa Sofia, 100 - 95123 CataniaPhone:
Martedì e Giovedì dalle 10:00 alle 11:00 tramite piattaforma MicrosoftOffice Teams (codice v9bkaeg)
via S. Sofia 98Phone:
095 7580320Office Hours:
martedì (10-12); giovedì (10-12) on line via TEAMS codice: qkee732
To provide knowledge and skills for using the main economic and environmental impact assessment tools to achieve a sustainable management of protected natural capital.
The course is organized in two modules. Module I provides principles and tools for the economic analysis and sustainable management of protected area. Module II offers a guidance on the appropiate use of environmental impact assessment tools.
Detailed Course Content
Module I 3 CFU – Instructor: prof. Giovanni Signorello
- Protected areas: typologies, legislation, and statistical sources
- Principles and tools for the design and sustainable management of protected areas
- Costs and benefits of protected areas
- Monitoring, estimating and management of recreation demand in protected area
- Protected areas and local economic impact
Module II 3 CFU – Instructor: prof. Maria De Salvo
- Environmental assessment procedures and protected areas: European and Italian legislation and general overview
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Appropriate Assessment (AA)
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC), Autorizzazione Unica Ambientale (AUA), Autorizzazione Paesaggistica
Signorello G. (eds.), Readings on Economics and Management of Protected Areas (Module I), Catania, 2019.
Signorello G. & De Salvo M. (eds.), Readings on Economics and Management of Protected Areas (Module II), Catania, 2019.
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano