To provide conceptual and practical skills in the field of environmental impact procedures (EIA, SEA, AA, IPPC,AUA)
The course is organized in two parts. It begins, in Part I, with a general overview of the course, by examining the regulatory framework (European, national, regional) and its evolution, and by focussing on key aspects of the procedures, methods and public involvement. Part II focuses on procedures and methods for EIA, SEA, AA, IPPC, AUA and "Autorizzazione Paesaggistica". Throughout the course, a number of case studies are used to illustrate various aspects of the environmental assessment process in different contexts.
1. General overview of the course
2. Regulatory framework (European, national, regional) and its evolution
3. Environmental assessment procedures: general and common aspects
3.1 Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
3.2 Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
3.3 Appropriate Assessment (AA)
3.4 Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC)
3.5 Autorizzazione Unica Ambientale (AUA)
3.6 Autorizzazione paesaggistica
4. Analysis of case studies
5. Training activities
1. Cagnoli P. (2015): AIA - Autorizzazione Integrata Ambientale, Fondamenti teorici e tecniche operative, Dario Flaccovio Editore
2. Aleo M. (2012): Valutazioni Ambientali.Le procedure di VAS, VIA, AIA e VI nel governo del territorio, GRAFILL S.r.l.
3. Cinquina P. (2009): Guida alle procedure di valutazione ambientale, Maggioli Editore.
4. Teaching and learning materials distributed during the lessons.