The course target is the level A2 of the European Portfolio. It mainly aims at developing consistent communication skills as well as good linguistic and cultural knowledge about the German-speaking countries, in order to enhance a good intercultural dialogue. Therefore the course will provide a number of lessons dedicated to linguistics grammar, morphology and translation, linked to a series of workshops and practical activities aiming at strengthening the acquisition of pragmatic-communicative skills and competences.
The course includes lectures (more theoretical), and exercises (essential for learning a foreign language) carried out with the help of native-speaking readers.
The program is divided into three modules: the first is dedicated to the acquisition of basic communication skills, and also includes an introduction to the use of dictionaries and the practice of translation; the second module will be dedicated to the history and the culture of the German-speaking Countries; the third one will examine issues of culture and history starting from German cinema.
1) Linguistic skills and competences (A2)
a) Course books:
- A. Buscha, S. Szita, Spektrum Deutsch A1+, Integriertes Kurs- und Arbeitsbuch, Schubert Verlag, Lipsia 2017
- A. Buscha, S. Szita, Spektrum Deutsch A2+, Integriertes Kurs- und Arbeitsbuch, Schubert Verlag Lipsia 2017
The CD linked to the course books are suitable to be used for self learning. Further material of the course books is available online.
b) Grammar books (for the topics, see the Syllabus):
M.G. Saibene, Grammatica descrittiva della lingua tedesca, Carocci, Roma 2002.
M. Reimann, Grammatica di base della lingua tedesca, Hueber, Ismaning 1998.
c) Dictionary Italian – German:
- L. Giacoma and S. Kolb (eds), Il nuovo dizionario di tedesco. Dizionario Tedesco-Italiano Italienisch-Deutsch, second edition, with CD-Rom, Zanichelli, Bologna 2009.
d) Reading text:
- L. Thoma, Eine Frau, ein Mann, Hueber, 2011 (p. 1-4, 23-32, 73-84). It is available a version with Audio CD).
e) Issues about phonetic, phonology and morphology
- C. Di Meola, La linguistica tedesca, Bulzoni, Roma 2007 [chap. I (phonetic and phonology), and II (morphology)]
2) Culture and history of the German-speaking Countries
b) V. Vannuccini, F. Predazzi, Piccolo viaggio nell'anima tedesca, Feltrinelli, Milano 2014
3) History of German Cinema
- Reader (it will be available on the platform Studium).
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.