The aim of the course is to furnish the notions of the fundamental economic mechanisms and the rules that regulate them and to develop the basic skills in the specific field of the biotechnology .
In particular, the module is designed to provide specific knowledge and skills related to microeconomics with particular reference to the market, as well as the mainly concepts of policies (national, European and international) for innovation and biotechnology
teaching includes lectures supplemented by practical exercises that can take place in an IT laboratory,
The course will address the topics listed below:
Basic concepts: biotechnology and bioeconomy
- The economic system,
- Businesses and families
- Supply and demand on the product market,
- Factors that shift the demand curve and the supply curve and market equilibrium
- Elasticity of supply and demand
- Problems of choice: What to produce and how much to produce
- Policies for innovation and biotechnology.
- N Gregory Mankiw, Mark P. Taylor - Principi di economia - Zanichelli - 2015
- Herman Daly and Joshua Farley - Ecological Economics - Island Press