Basis of anatomy and physiology of the ENT district.
Knowledge of the major diseases of the nose, pharynx, larynx and neck.
Differential diagnosis between ENT diseases.
Basis of medical and surgical treatment.
1) Features and function of the stomatognathic system. 2) Teeth anatomy outlines: structure and function. 3) Teeth pathology: neodentaria syndrome and impacted third molars. 4) Abnormalities of the tooth eruption stages. 5) Abnormalities of the teeth: shape, volume, number, structure, position and location. 6) Acquired lesions of tooth hard tissues: abrasion, erosion, dislocations and fractures. 7) Dental caries: epidemiology - etiology - macro and microscopic features of tooth enamel and dentin. Carious cavities: prevention, filling materials, therapeutic options. 8) Root canals pathologies: classification, etiology, symptomatology, diagnosis and therapy. 9) Periodontal ligament disease: etiology, symptomatology, diagnosis and therapy. 10) Periodontal disease: pathogenesis, pathological features, symptomatology, diagnosis and therapy. 11) Maxillary odontogenic osteitis; perioral abscesses and phlegmon. 12) Stomatitis. 13) Dental Malocclusion and Angle classification. 14) TemporoMandibular joint Disorders (TMD). 15) Soft tissues tumors of the oral cavity. 16) Cysts and odontogenic tumors of the jaw bones. 17) Bone OsteoNecrosis of the Jaws (BONJ) due to Bisphosphonates.
- Anatomy and physiology of the external, middle and inner ear, vestibular apparatus, nose and paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, salivary glands and neck.
- Clinical and instrumental procedures for the diagnosis in ENT.
- Ear diseases: Etiology, physiopathology, clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- Nasal and paranasal sinuses diseases: Etiology, physiopathology, clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- Disorders of the major salivary glands: Etiology, physiopathology, clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- Diseases of the pharynx (rhino-, oro- and hypopharynx): Etiology, physiopathology, clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- Disorders of the larynx: Etiology, physiopathology, clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- Cervical disease.
- Urgencies and emergencies in ENT
1. VALLETTA G - MATARASSO S – MIGNOGNA MD: Malattie Odontostomatologiche. Editore: Piccin
2. FICARRA G: Manuale di patologia e medicina orale 3/ed. Editore: McGraw-Hill Italia
3. GOMBOS F – SERPICO R: Clinica Odontoiatrica e Stomatologica - Testo-atlante a colori di patologia e medicina orale per medici e odontoiatri. Editore: Piccin
- Trattato di Otorinolaringoiatria. G. Rossi. Edizioni Minerva Medica.
- Trattato di Otorinolaringoiatria ed Audiologia. Pignataro L., A. Cesarani, G. Felisati, A. Schindler. EdiSes.