PATOLOGIA SISTEMATICA E CLINICA VI - MALATTIE DEL SISTEMA ENDOCRINO - channel 1
7 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffALDO EUGENIO CALOGERO
- Module Endocrinology - MED/13 - 5 CFU
SANDRO SALVUCCIO MARIA LA VIGNERA
Policlinico "G. Rodolico", Edificio 4, Piano 2Phone:
- Module Endocrinology
MATTEO ANGELO CANNIZZARO
Policlinico "G. Rodolico", Edificio 4, Piano 2Phone:
- Module ENDOCRINOCHIRURGIA - MED/18 - 2 CFU
ed.1 -Policlinico universitario - via Santa Sofia - CataniaPhone:
martedi' - giovedi' - venerdi' ore 1200-13.00
Basic formative targets:
- Fundamental knowledge of embryology, anatomy and physiology of endocrine and metabolic system; of biochemistry of hormones and intermediate metabolism, of genetics, of mechanisms causing endocrine, andrological and metabolic diseases and pathogenesis of complications.
Course formative targets:
- Gaining of the fundamental theoretical knowledge needed for epidemiological evaluation and prevention, diagnosis and therapy of endocrine system diseases (included pediatric and pubertal endocrinology, endocrine tumors and endocrine-dependent tumors, endocrine diseases of the elder and endocrinology and physiopathology of human reproduction), andrological diseases (included disturbances of erectile function and sexuality, prevention and management of couple infertility and techniques related to assisted reproduction) and metabolic diseases (included congenital dismetabolic diseases, childhood diabetes, gestational diabetes, prevention and management of chronic complications of diabetes mellitus, obesity, dyslipidemia, and metabolic diseases of the bone);
- Gaining of knowledge related to functional and instrumental endocrine/metabolic semeiotic;
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge needed to prevent, recognize and manage the main diseases which constitute endocrine and metabolic emergencies;
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge related to endocrine and metabolic aspects of childhood diseases, including congenital and neonatal disendocrine and dismetabolic forms of childhood and adolescence;
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge related to endocrine alterations responsible for defects of reproductive activity of male and female, including infective, disendocrine, dismetabolic aspects of couple infertility;
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge related to prevention, diagnosis and management of tumor diseases of endocrine glands and hormone-dependent tumors, including replacement therapies and hormone-antagonist therapies;
- Learning of theoretical knowledge related to possible applications of most recent biotechnological progress on andrological congenital and acquired diseases, in clinical terms (prevention, diagnosis and therapy);
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge related to epidemiology, prevention, differential diagnosis, therapy of the different forms of obesity and thinness;
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge relative to epidemiology and primary and secondary prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the various forms of diabetes mellitus, including childhood diabetes and gestational diabetes, and diagnostic prevention and multidisciplinary treatment of risk factors for chronic complications of diabetes (ocular, nephrology, cardiovascular, etc.);
- Gaining of theoretical knowledge related to epidemiology, prevention, differential diagnosis and therapy of lipid metabolism diseases.
Detailed Course Content
- General mechanisms of endocrine physiopathology
- General mechanisms of metabolism physiopathology
- Diseases of hypothalamus-pituitary axis: Secreting and non-secreting pituitary adenomas; Total and partial hypopituitarism; Diabetes insipidus
- Thyroid diseases: Hypothyroidism; Hyperthyroidism; Thyroiditis; Endemic and sporadic goiter; Thyroid nodule; Thyroid tumors; Surgical aspects for thyroid diseases
- Alterations of calcium-phosphate metabolism: Hypoparathyroidism; Hyperparathyroidism; Osteoporosis; Surgical aspects
- Gonadal diseases: Ovarian endocrine diseases; Testicular diseases; Disorders of sexual differentiation and puberty; Couple infertility; Sexual disorders; Surgical aspects (varicocele, cryptorchidism, testicular tumors)
- Adrenal diseases: Hyperadrenalisms; Hyperoadrenalisms; Diseases of the adrenal medulla; Surgical aspects
- Endocrine pancreas diseases: Diabetes mellitus type 1; Diabetes mellitus type 2; Acute and chronic complications of diabetes mellitus
- Other metabolic diseases: Obesity and thinness; Lipid metabolism disorders; Purine metabolism disorders
- Other endocrine diseases: Growth disorders; Endocrine hypertension; Hypoglycemia; Endocrine-metabolic comas; Autoimmune polyendocrine syndromes; Multiple endocrine tumors; Paraneoplastic endocrine syndromes; Hormone-dependent tumors
- Endocrinologia: Malattie del Metabolismo. Autori vari. Edizioni Idelson-Gnocchi, Napoli. 2017 ISBN 8879476572
- Uniendo. Lenzi A., Lombardi G., Martino E., Vigneri R. Minerva Medica. First edition. 2010. ISBN 13978-88-7711-693-2.
- Malattie del Sistema Endocrino e del Metabolismo 5/ed. Faglia Giovanni, Beck-Peccoz Paolo. Mc Graw Hill Education. 2013. ISBN 9788838639753.
- Guida allo studio dell’Andrologia. Lenzi A. Società Editrice Universo. ISBN 2012, 9788865150689.
- Chirurgia generale. Bellantone, De Toma, Montorsi. Ed. Minerva Medica. 2008. ISBN 13978-88-7711-623-9.
- Chirurgia. Renzo Dionigi. Ed Elsevier. 2011. Quinta Edizione. ISBN 978882142973.
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano