(1) to acknowledge the development of the earliest phases of the history of Sicily, before the beginning of the Greek colonization; to recognize the handicrafts dated to most important prehistoric phases of Sicily; (2) to know the most important prehistoric sites in their geographical and cultural context; (3) to develop thematic cultural trails relating to the most ancient Sicilian civilization.
- Issues of terminology and brief presentation of the researches and theories related to the prehistory;
- Brief overview of the development of prehistoric and proto-historic Sicily;
- References to prehistoric and proto-historic develpoment in the Italian peninsula, with particular reference to the reconstruction of human activities;
- Settlements; territory; economy.
- The figurative arts during prehistoric times.
- The contacts between Sicily and the outside world (the Eastern Mediterranean - in particulare the Aegean - and Europe).
1. S. Tusa, La Sicilia nella Preistoria, Sellerio, Palermo.
2. E. Giannichedda, Archeologia teorica, Carocci, Roma.