L-LIN/01 - 6 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffVIVIAN MILAGROS DE LA CRUZ
The course will introduce students to the general principles of Psycholinguistics and to examples of applied research in the field. Particular attention will be devoted to the cognitive processes underlying the comprehension and production of language and the neuroanatomical correlates of linguistic processing, in monolinguals, bilinguals and in adult second language learners.
Detailed Course Content
The course will address the following topics:
- The study of language from the perspective of General Linguistics
- The study of language as a cognitive faculty
- Psycholinguistic theories
- Linguistic processing in mono and bilingual speakers
- The neural bases of linguistic processing
- The principal pathologies that alter linguistic processing
- Examples of applied research in the field, and in particular, neurocomputational models of linguistic and cognitive development
Cacciari, C., La Psicologia del Linguaggio, Il Mulino, 2011 (seconda edizione)
Additional readings for the course will be made available on Studium.
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano