1. Knowledge and understanding: the topics covered during the course allow the student to outline a
comprehensive framework of fundamental knowledge for understanding the role and functioning of the
2. Applying knowledge and understanding: the knowledge gained will allow understanding both the
theoretical point of view and the main practical problems related to the economy and the banking
management: the credit intermediation model, management of bank assets and liabilities, supervision,
bank’s balance sheet and financial ratios, risk management, competition in the financial industry.
3. Making judgments: the approach follow during class allows the student to acquire critical analysis
tools to understand and express their own judgments on the issues of banking and financial intermediaries
4. Communication skills: the study of issues relating to banking management allows technical language
acquisition need to interact and communicate properly with regard to the topics.
5. Learning skills: the course allows to acquire conceptual tools and fundamental knowledge to further
studies in banking and finance, to integrate studies of management of companies in terms of financial
relationships with the banking system, as well as learn the technical and operational aspects needed to
enrich and deepen the study of economics.
The banking regulation; supervision and auditing policies on the banking system; organization and banking management; banking funding and financial product; the customer financial services; the lending policy; the analysis of credit risk and the management of credit risk; the lending product; the bank balance and the performance analysis; market risk management; the banking mergers and restructuring.
Ruozi Roberto, “Economia della banca”, Egea 2015