The course target is the level A2 of the European Portfolio. Main focus is developing consistent communication skills as well as good linguistic and cultural knowledge about the German-speaking countries, in order to enhance a good intercultural dialogue. The course will provide a number of lessons dedicated to linguistics grammar, morphology and translation, linked to a series of workshops and practical activities aiming at strengthening the acquisition of pragmatic-communicative skills and competences.
The course includes a series of lectures held by the teacher, and a series of practical exercises with native speakers.
The course is divided into three parts: the first is dedicated to the acquisition of basic communication skills, and includes an introduction to the use of dictionaries and basic grammar chapters; the second will be dedicated to the history and the culture of the German-speaking Countries; the third one will examine issues of phonetics, phonology and morphology of the German language.
1) Linguistic skills and competences (A2)
a) Course books:
- Vv. Aa., Das Leben. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kurs- und Übungsbuch A1, Cornelsen Verlag, Berlino 2020 (pp. 295) ISBN 978-3061219666
- Vv. Aa., Das Leben. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kurs- und Übungsbuch A2, Cornelsen Verlag, Berlino 2021 (pp. 324) ISBN 978-3061220907
b) Grammar books:
M.G. Saibene, Grammatica descrittiva della lingua tedesca, Carocci, Roma 2002 (only the parts about levels A1 and A2)
M. Reimann, Grammatica di base della lingua tedesca, Hueber, Ismaning 1998 (only the parts about levels A1 and A2)
c) Dictionary Italian – German:
- L. Giacoma and S. Kolb (eds), Il nuovo dizionario di tedesco. Dizionario Tedesco-Italiano Italienisch-Deutsch, second edition, with CD-Rom, Zanichelli, Bologna 2009.
2) Culture and history of the German-speaking Countries
a) Hartewig, Karin, Das ist Deutschland! Eine Landeskunde für alle, Books on demand, 2020, pp. 216.
b) Nava, Massimo, Storia della Germania dopo il muro. Dall'unificazione all'egemonia in Europa, Rizzoli, Milano, 2020, pp. 240.
3) Issues about phonetic, phonology and morphology
- C. Di Meola, La linguistica tedesca, Bulzoni, Roma 2007 [chap. I (phonetic and phonology, p. 17-53), and II (morphology, p. 57-87)]
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.