STATISTICS FOR MARKETING
SECS-S/01 - 9 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffANGELO MAZZA
Stanza 27 piano IV. Corso Italia, 55, Catania. PALAZZO DELLE SCIENZEPhone:
- Knowledge and understanding: The course provides advanced concepts in statistics for marketing These tools will be then applied for analysing case studies based on real data in marketing.
- Applying knowledge and understanding: The student has to be able to perform statistical analyses of multivarite data, using different statistical tools through the R language.
- Making judgements: The student has to be able to manage statistical tools for marketing data analysis and draw suitable conclusions.
- Communication skills: The student is expected to learn the technical language needed to understand/write properly a statistical report in the marketing area.
- Learning skills: Ability to understand the logic of the statistical reasoning
Lectures and practical activities
Detailed Course Content
Preliminaries. Statistical surveys. Questionnaire design. Data matrices. Summary statistics for multivariate data.
Statistical surveys. Sampling techniques from finite populations. Survey sample methods (probability and non probability methods). Required sample size.
Analysis of multidimensional data. Distances, similarities and dissimilarities. Cluster analysis: hierarchical and non-hierarchical methods. Market and consumer segmentation.
Linear Regression Models. Simple and multiple regression models. Least squared estimation. Model adequacy checking.
- Hair J.F., Black W.C., Babin B.J., Anderson R.E., Multivariate Data Analysis, Pearson, Upper Saddle River, 2010
- Fowler F.J., Survey Research Methods, Thousand Oaks, Sage, 2009
- Falissard B., Analysis of Questionnaire Data with R, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2012
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano