The aim of the course is to furnish the notions of the fundamental economic mechanisms and the rules that regulate them and to develop the basic skills in the specific field of the biotechnology .
In particular, the module is designed to provide specific knowledge and skills related to microeconomics with particular reference to the market, as well as the mainly concepts of policies (national, European and international) for innovation and biotechnology
teaching includes lectures supplemented by practical exercises that can take place in an IT laboratory,
To guarantee equal opportunities and in compliance with the laws in force, interested students can ask for a personal interview in order to plan any compensatory and / or dispensatory measures, based on the teaching objectives and specifications needs. It is also possible to contact the CInAP contact person (Center for Active and Participatory Integration - Services for Disabilities and / or SLD) of the Department of Biomedical and Biotechonological Sciences.
The course will address the topics listed below:
Basic concepts: biotechnology and bioeconomy
- The economic system,
- Businesses and families
- Supply and demand on the product market,
- Factors that shift the demand curve and the supply curve and market equilibrium
- Elasticity of supply and demand
- Problems of choice: What to produce and how much to produce
- Policies for innovation and biotechnology.
- Productivity and growth,
- Natural capital and its properties,
- The concept of sustainability
- N Gregory Mankiw, Mark P. Taylor - Principi di economia - Zanichelli - 2015
- Herman Daly and Joshua Farley - Ecological Economics - Island Press