- main aspects characterizing the psychic examination and the psychopathological aspects of the personality.
- main diagnostic frameworks in the psychiatric field,
- differential diagnosys
- psychopharmacological treatments
- psychotherapeutic approaches.
- territorial psychiatric assistance structures.
The main objectives of the course are the definition of the concept of disability, the types of disability, the diagnostic pathways and therapeutic programs, with particular attention to neuropsychiatric diseases
The lectures will be frontal, there will also interactive discussions about clinical cases. Mandatory attendance.
**Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Lectures with presentation of clinical cases. Possible use of audiovisual media.
1. Major theoretical approach in Psychiatry
2. PSYCHIATRIC SEMEIOTICS
Appearance, Motor activity, Mimic, Language, Behavior, Psychiatric history
Attention, Consciousness, Memory, Perception, Thought, Affectivity, aggressive or violent behavior, Intelligence.
4. CLINIC FEATURES
a) CLASSIFICATION OF PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS - DSM 5 (A.P.A.); ICD-10 (O.M.S.)
b) DEMENTIA, DELIRIUM Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course, Diagnosis and differential diagnosis, Comorbidity, Prognosis, Therapy
c) RELATED SUBSTANCES: ALCOHOL, AMPHETAMIN, CAFFEINE, CANNABIS, COCAINE, HALLUCINOGENES, INHANTS, NICOTINE, OPPIACEI, PHENICLIDINE, SEDATIVES, HYPNOTICS OR ANSIOLITHICS. Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course, Diagnosis and differential diagnosis, Comorbidity, Prognosis, Therapy
d) SCHIZOPHRENIA Epidemiology, risk factors and etiopathogenetic hypotheses, symptomatology (initial period, state period, course and outcome), clinical forms, prognosis, diagnosis and differential diagnosis, therapy.
e) OTHER PSYCHOTIC DISORDERS: Nosography, Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures and forms, Diagnosis, Course, Prognosis, Therapy.
f) MOOD DISORDERS Epidemiology, etiopathogenesis, clinical pictures (depressive episode, manic episode Hypomania, mixed states), diagnosis, differential diagnosis, course (unipolar, dysthymic, Bipolar, Cyclothymic, Rapid Cycles, Seasonal Affective), Prognosis, Therapy.
g) ANXIETY DISORDERS: PANIC ATTAC, AGORAPHOBIA; SOCIAL PHOBIA; SPECIFIC PHOBIA; GENERALIZED ANXIETY; OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER; POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER, ANXIETY DUE TO A GENERAL MEDICAL CONDITION; ANXIETY INDUCED BY SUBSTANCES. Historical and nosographic notes, Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course,
m) EATING DISORDERS:
ANOREXIA; BULIMIA, BINGE EATING DISORDERS Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course, differential, Comorbidity, Prognosis, Therapy.
n) PERSONALITY DISORDERS: Diagnosis and diagnosis GROUP A (Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypic); B (Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic); GROUP C (Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Compulsive) Epidemiology, Etiopathogenesis, Clinical pictures, Course, Diagnosis and differential diagnosis, Comorbidity, Prognosis, Therapy.
5. TREATMENT a) PSYCHOPHARMACOTHERAPY; b) PSYCHOTHERAPY c) SOMATIC THERAPIES d) Psychiatric and psychosocial rehabilitation
6. ORGANIZATION OF DEPARTMENT of MENTAL HEALTH; MANDATORY MEDICAL TREATMENT
Definition of disability and its evolution in history
- Physical, social and psychological barriers.
- Figures involved in disability.
- Types of disability: mental, sensory and physical-motor.
- Empowerment, Coping and Quality of Life
- Psychology in disability. Psychological reactions on a personal, family and social level.
- Psychiatric rehabilitation and occupational therapy
- Therapeutic relationship and rehabilitation project
- Design of interventions and teaching of skills. Integration into the community.
- Main neuropsychiatric and rehabilitation techniques
- Psychiatric diagnoses and related interventions (Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, mood disorders, substance abuse, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia)
Gabriella Ba, "Strumenti e tecniche di riabilitazione psichiatrica e psicosociale", FrancoAngeli Ed.
Paola Carozza, "Principi di riabilitazione psichiatrica", FrancoAngeli Ed.
Anna Mazzucchi, "La riabilitazione neuropsicologica", Masson Ed.
Willard &Spackman “Terapia Occupazionale” Antonio Delfino Ed.
Lecture notes delivered by the teacher