The course will allow students to learn concepts on clinical risk assessment and epidemiology acquiring skills about conduction of the literature revisions, meta-analyzes and systematic revisions. Evidence-based medicine will also be deepened and the student will be instructed in the drafting and organization of research projects, training interventions, educational interventions and support for the individual and the community for self-management and control of risk factors and of health problems.
The aim of the course is to provide information and knowledge about workplace-related pathologies (accidents and illnesses) as well as to become familiar with prevention principles, with particular reference to risk assessment and preventive measure adoption.
Students will have to learn methods and techniques to collect work history, identify environmental and occupational risks and possible relationships with genetic, demographic, socio-economic, psychological and cultural factors, related to health or illness statuses, as well as to look into the possible non-specific effects of occupational risk factors, especially for degenerative chronic diseases.
The main etiologically diagnostic aspects of occupational medicine will be dealt with, and so will the epidemiology of con-causally work-related diseases. Also, the most frequent professional diseases and work accidents will be classified. The main analysis method and work risk assessment instruments will be provided, that is limit exposure levels, environmental/biological monitoring and healthcare surveillance. Also, occupational risk in/formation, safety and health law guidelines in work places, primary and secondary prevention of occupational diseases, role and duties of the competent physician will be discussed.
The course aims to provide students with a basic knowledge of healthcare issues and the relationships that the healthcare company has with its stakeholders. In particular, the course will focus on the economic components of the health care system, on organizational issues and its dynamics, with the aim of initiating students to the knowledge and understanding of the main problems and tools of health care systems, the interactions in health care between planning, evaluation, organization and management, the main methods and tools of governance for the management of health care companies.
The course includes lectures with the help of powerpoint.
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
The course will include lectures with the aid of MS-power point.
If the course is taught in mixed mode or at a distance, the necessary changes may be introduced with respect to what was previously stated, in order to comply with the program provided and reported in the syllabus.
- Hygiene goals - Health determinants - Primary, secondary and tertiary disease prevention - Pathogenic, opportunistic and non-pathogenic microorganisms - Infectious diseases transmission mode - Prevention of the main infectious diseases of interest in speech therapy (measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, diphtheria, bacterial meningitis, poliomyelitis, tetanus, HIV infection) - Sterilization, Disinfection and antisepsis, Principles of communication in health care. Congenital malformation of interest in speech therapy (Palatosis, craniofacial malformations, encephalic malformations). Prevention through correct nutrition during pregnancy. Epidemiology of vascular, muscular and genetic disorders and speech disorders in children and adults. Neonatal auditory screening as a linguistic disorder prevention.
History and evolution of Occupational Medicine: prevention service legislation and organization; work accidents and professional diseases insurance practices. Risk assessment procedure; exposure times and limit levels/values.
Primary and secondary prevention principles. Healthcare surveillance and duties of competent physician. Biological monitoring procedures. General and individual preventive practices and first aid action organization. Biological risk and vaccinations. Physical risks: noise, vibrations, ionizing-non-ionizing radiations, microclimate and compressed atmosphere. Ergonomy principles: postures and work. Workstation, shift and night work risks. Assessment of risks in manual loads handling and in repetitive movements of upper limbs with associated pathologies. Organizational wellness and its associated work stress. Health promotion in working places.
Main dust/fibre and professional allergene exposure–related pathologies; indoor and outdoor pollutants. Exposure risks to chemical, mutagen and carcenogenic agents.
Principles of Industrial Hygiene and hints of Statistics. Risks in the main working cycles. Guidelines on safety and health in working places.
1) The financing of the Italian Healthcare System (SSN)
2) The process of corporatization and the types of healthcare companies
3) Governance and internal organization of healthcare companies
4) The costs in healthcare services: taxonomies
5) The financial statements of a healthcare company
6) Management control in healthcare companies
7) Elements of management accounting
8) Performance evaluation and reporting
Igiene. Triassi, Aggazzotti, Ferrante. II edizione, Ildeson-gnocchi editore
Slides of teacher (Studium)
Zangrandi A., (2010). Economia e Management per le professioni sanitarie. McGrawHill, chapters 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Slides provided by the teacher.