PATOLOGIA SISTEMATICA E CLINICA - MALATTIE DELL'APPARATO DIGERENTE - channel 1
5 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffGAETANO BERTINO
- Module Gastroenterology - MED/12 - 3 CFU
ANTONIO DI CATALDO
Policlinico, UOS di Epatologia, Padiglione n.4 piano 4Phone:
- Module CHIRURGIA DELL'APPARATO DIGERENTE - MED/18 - 2 CFU
Policlinico Rodolico Edificio 1 III PianoPhone:
Previo contatto telefonico o per posta elettronica
The learning objectives of the teaching of Gastroenterology are the knowledge of epidemiology, etiopathogenesis, symptoms, diagnosis, elements of therapy and complications of the main diseases of the digestive system.
- The Gastroentrology Course will provide the learner with an updated summary on the main diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract and pancreas in relation to: epidemiology, etiopathogenesis, symptoms, diagnosis and elements of drug therapy. The course also aims to start a process of critical maturation of knowledge of the diagnostic options applicable to pathologies of gastroenterological relevance. Knowledge will also be supported by the vision of explanatory iconographic material, slides of: X-ray images, CT, MRI, Endoscopy of the digestive system. Diagnostic algorithms, and national and international guidelines will be discussed.
- The lectures will be held in frontal mode with the help of slides in Power-Point format, illustration and commentary on the images of instrumental investigations, report on clinical cases.
- If the teaching is given in a mixed or remote mode, the necessary changes may be introduced with respect to what was previously stated, in order to respect the program envisaged and reported in the syllabus.
Detailed Course Content
- Elements of digestive pathophysiology.
- Chest pain, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea, ascites, jaundice and cholestasis.
- Blood chemistry tests, imaging techniques and instrumental investigations in gastroenterology.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernia; prevention and non-drug therapy of gastroesophageal reflux and esophagitis. Outline of drug therapy.
- Helicobacter pylori pathologies. Acute and chronic gastritis. Drug gastropathies.
- Peptic ulcer.
- Celiac disease and malabsorption.
- Chronic infectious and dysendocrine diarrhea.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases: Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Rectum-Colitis and their complications
- Diverticular disease of the colon.
- Hematochemical indices of liver function.
- Hereditary hyperbilirubinemias.
- Acute viral hepatitis. Acute liver failure.
- Chronic viral hepatitis.
- Steatosis (NAFLD), Non alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
- Alcohol liver disease. Liver damage from drugs.
- Autoimmune diseases of the liver (autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cholangitis, sclerosing cholangitis).
- Wilson's disease.
- Hereditary hemochromatosis and secondary hepatic siderosis.
- Cirrhosis of the liver and its complications.
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Chronic pancreatitis.
- Causes of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Hematemesis, melaena, rectorrhagia, hematochezia.
Manuale di Gastroenterologia, UNIGASTRO, Editrice Gastroenterologica Italiana, edizione 2020-23
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano