To provide relevant information to the knowledge of the toxic effects of substances of considerable environmental importance and their impact on organs and systems
Traditional lecture. Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
1° module: Risk assessment and toxicity
Biomonitoring of populations exposed to environmental xenobiotics. Bioindicators and biomarkers as sensors of biological response. Biotic indices.
Mechanisms of toxicity: genotoxicity, embryotoxicity, carcinogenesis, cell death and apoptosis.
2° module: Food toxicology
The food chain and its key role in the transfer of xenobiotics from the environment to living organisms.
3° module: Toxic substances of considerable environmental relevance
1) Galli, Corsini, Marinovich, Tossicologia – Piccin
2) Hodgson, Tossicologia- Edises
3) Casarett & Doull's: Tossicologia EMSI
Texts for insights
4) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Ecotossicologia UTET
5) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Tossicologia molecolare e cellulare UTET
6) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Tossicologia degli alimenti UTET