The basic objective of the course is to provide graduates with scientific knowledge in the field of neurological diseases, a fundamental requirement for the acquisition of technical skills aimed at maintaining the best physical efficiency in individuals with motor disabilities.
If teaching is provided in a mixed or remote mode, necessary changes to what was previously stated may be introduced, in order to respect the planned program reported in the syllabus. Verification of learning can also be carried out electronically, if required.
The aim is to provide the knowledge of the main musculoskeletal diseases of orthopedic and traumatology. The course provides knowledge regarding common orthopedic and traumatological diseases in physical and sports activities, related to their impact on the planning, organization, and management of motor activities, in relation to the various ages : from thepediatric age to the elderly.
Evaluation of patients with motor disabilities and Introduction to Adapted Physical Activity
Mixed modality (lectures / online).
Frontal lessons. PPT files
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Learning assessment may also be carried out on line, should the conditions require it."
The course is based on the main orthopaedic and traumatologic disorders, highlighting: epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, imaging investigations, differential diagnosis, prognosis, complications, conservative and surgical treatment.
International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
Evaluation of ROM and muscle strength
Rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy
Rehabilitation of people post-stroke
Rehabilitation after spinal cord injury
Rehabilitation of person with Parkinson’s disease
Rehabilitation of back pain
Rehabilitattion aftre knee and shoulder injuries
1. Title: Il Bergamini di Neurologia. Authors: Bergamini - Lopiano - Mutani - Durelli - Mauro - Chio'. Editor: Edizioni Libreria Cortina Torino. Edition: III 2012. Language: Ita.
2. Title: La neurologia dell'emergenza-urgenza. Authors: Micieli - Consoli - Cavallini - Sterzi. Editor: Il Pensiero Scientifico. Edition: II 2017. Language: Ita.
3. Title: Harrison - Malattie neurologiche - Pocket Series. Authors: Fauci - Braunwald - Kasper - Hauser - Longo - Jameson - Loscalzo. Editor: McGraw-Hill Pocket Series. Edition: 2009. Language: Ita.
4. Title: Netter' s Neurology - Book and Online Access. Authors: Jones - Srinivasan - Allam - Baker. Editor: Elsevier - Saunders. Edition: II 2011. Language: Engl.
1. Sessa-Villani. Ortopedia e Traumatologia. Monduzzi Editore.
Handbook of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Basics (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Handbook Series) Susan J. Garrison MD, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Handbook