Ability to understand and provide information of Modern Standard Arabic in contexts requiring the use of specific language.
Particularly, students will understand and provide information of media language.
- Understand media news in written and oral form;
- Answer to questions about news in written and oral form;
- Summarise in written and oral form news using the right lexical choices and connectors;
- Know and know how to use the lexicon specific to “conferences and meetings” and “demonstrations”.
- Comment a news story both orally and in writing.
Elgibali, Alaa e Nevenka Korica, Media Arabic: A Coursebook for Reading Arabic News. AUC, Cairo, 2014. From the beginning until p. 62. The teacher will give more materials both in class and through Studium.
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.