To provide relevant information to the knowledge of the toxic effects of substances of considerable environmental importance and their impact on organs and systems
1° module: Risk assessment and toxicity
Biomonitoring of populations exposed to environmental xenobiotics. Bioindicators and biomarkers as sensors of biological response. Biotic indices.
Mechanisms of toxicity: genotoxicity, embryotoxicity, carcinogenesis, cell death and apoptosis.
2° module: Food toxicology
The food chain and its key role in the transfer of xenobiotics from the environment to living organisms.
3° module: Toxic substances of considerable environmental relevance
1) Galli, Corsini, Marinovich, Tossicologia – Piccin
2) Hodgson, Tossicologia- Edises
3) Casarett & Doull's: Tossicologia EMSI
Texts for insights
4) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Ecotossicologia UTET
5) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Tossicologia molecolare e cellulare UTET
6) Paoletti, Nicosia, Clementi, Fumagalli: Tossicologia degli alimenti UTET