The course develops skills in the Clinical Pathology aiming to teach the student to apply, evaluate and interpret the laboratory tests used to study of the main diseases of the blood, alterations of the coagulative-fibrinolytic system, changes in liver and kidney function, some endocrinopathies, autoimmune and paradontal diseases and cancer.
Lessons are held in the classroom with the help of PDF presentations made available to students on the Studium portal. The presentations do not replace the reference texts, but serve as educational support for the program carried out.
Laboratory analysis: definition, typology
Collection and conservation of biological samples
Preanalytical, analytical and biological variability
Complete blood count test
Plasma proteins and electrophoresis
Blood groups and compatibility testing
Diabetes: diagnosis and follow up test
Autoimmune disease test
Periodontal disease test
1. Federici G. Medicina di Laboratorio. Mc Graw-Hill Companies
2. Sacchetti L., Cavalcanti P. et. al. Medicina di laboratorio e diagnostica genetica. Sorbona
2. Laposata M. Medicina di Laboratorio. Piccin
3. Antonozzi I. Medicina di Laboratorio. Piccin
5. Balestrieri et al. Diagnostica Molecolare nella Medicina di Laboratorio. Piccin