Goals : The course aims to provide students with the essentials knowledge of the main urological and andrological disease, the clinical course and the complications. At the end of the course, the student should know the basics of the main urological and andrological diseases and their diagnostic evaluation and the principal surgical and medical treatment.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE TEACHING IS AIMED AT THE PROMOTION OF WOMEN'S HEALTH, IN PARTICULAR WAY TO DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY OF URINARY TRACT ALTERATIONS IN OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
1) To introduce and guide the student to the knowledge of pathologies of surgical interest, to symptomatology to main diagnostics, to surgical therapy.
2) Knowledge of the main perioperative problems of patients operated on the main interventions.
3) Knowledge of patient preparation for interventions and perioperative monitoring.
1) Frontal theoretical lessons with integration of methodological clinical reasoning based on the pathophysiology of diseases and clinical pictures,
2) Presentation of real, particular and common clinical cases with images of patients and iconography of diagnostic tests and intraoperative findings.
1. Anomalies of urinary tract: hypospadias, epispadias, megaureter, ureterocele, posterior urethral
valves, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, cystic disease;
2. Haematuria: etiology, other sources of haematuria;
3. Urinary tract infections (lower and upper UTI) including:
b. Sexually Transmitted Infections (like HPV);
4. Urolithiasis: etiology, diagnosis, medical and surgical management;
5. Urinary incontinence: continence mechanism, urodynamics, neurological bladder, urinary
incontinence in women;
6. Lower urinary tract obstruction:
a. Uretral stenosis;
b. LUTS (lower urinary tract symptons): storage and voiding symptoms;
c. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: IPSS score, medical and surgical management;
7. Prostate cancer: PSA and other molecular biomarkers, diagnosis, medical and surgical
8. Neoplasms of kidney and upper urinary tract, renal cysts;
9. Neoplasms of the bladder: diagnosis, disease management;
10. Neoplasms of the testis;
11. Pathologies of the scrotum: testicular torsion, hydrocele, varicocele;
12. Kidney trauma.
Genitourinary system anatomy
Genitourinary system physiology
Urinary tract changes in pregnancy
Pelvic static changes and urinary tract implications
Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: From Research to Bedside. Editors: Giuseppe Morgia Giorgio Russo. Paperback ISBN: 9780128113974
- Porpiglia F. – “Urologia” – editore Minerva Medica
- Collegio dei Professori Universitari di Prima Fascia in ruolo e fuori ruolo- “Manuale di Urologia e Andrologia” - Pacini Editore Medicin
LEANZA, Testo di Ostetricia
slides used in lessons