MANAGEMENT DELLE IMPRESE TURISTICHE
SECS-P/08 - 9 CFU - 1° Semester
Teaching StaffMELITA NICOTRA
Terzo Piano stanza 14, Corso Italia 55 - Catania.Office Hours:
Mercoledì 10.30 - 12.30
- Knowledge and understanding. At the end of the course the student will have an overall view of the tourism sector and the management of tourism businesses. The course participant will acquire a systematic knowledge on the tourism sector and its recent changes, on the characteristics of tourism demand and the offer of tourist services. The topics of strategic and operational management, governance and organization of the companies in the sector, the relationship among companies within the sector, the rules that define the context in which these companies operate will also be addressed.
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding. The student will be able to apply the concepts learned and to face the main questions related to the management of tourism businesses. The course participants will be able to analyze the tourism sector, to evaluate the strategies of national and international companies, to address the main competitive, organizational, economic and financial issues of the company, to use the specialized technical language of the sector.
- Making judgments. The student will develop judgment autonomy and ability to link the theoretical topics and the related application plans, with particular reference to the management of tourism businesses.
- Communication skills. The student will acquire communication skills and appropriateness in the use of technical language related to the various themes of tourism business management. Each participant will be able to relate to and transfer knowledge, projects and proposals concerning complex issue of companies operating in the tourism sector to third parties, with clarity and precision.
- Learning skills The student will acquire a high learning ability, in theoretical and application terms, able to make him autonomous in the future workplace.
The course is structured in 3 modules, of 3 credits each. The first module deals with the theme of business management and the tourism sector. The second focuses on the tourist offer in terms of hotels, farmhouses and rural accommodations; bed & breakfast, conference activities, airplane transport; cruise companies. In the third, brokerage firms will be studied, such as tour operators, tour operator of holiday villages and online tourism intermediaries. The course will be developed with lectures, workshop with sector operators, analysis and use of databases, discussion of specific case studies.
Detailed Course Content
The tourism sector: problems and characteristics; business organization; leadership and corporate culture; strategic management; production processes; marketing; post-war development of tourism to the present; hotel companies; farmhouse and rural accommodation; bed & breakfast; business and conference activities; airplane transport; cruise companies; tour operator; tour operator of tourist villages; online tourism intermediaries.
Garibaldi R. (2015), Economia e gestione delle imprese turistiche, Hoepli.
Open in PDF format Versione in italiano