Introduce to the methodological and economic analysis instrumentation to explain and understand the behavior of key economic agents.
1. Knowledge and understanding: the course aims to introduce and develop the methods and basic concepts of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory. It is a prerequisite for any further teaching of an economic nature under the plan of study or chosen by the student.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding: the knowledge must be applied to the analysis of specific cases to solve simple numerical problems.
3. Making judgments: the student will be able to understand what are the relevant aspects of the different models and what are their proprieties in terms of usability for descriptive purposes and forecasting.
4. Communication skills: proceed on to describe the methods used and the conclusions reached in both written and oral form with the appropriate theoretical tools.
5. Learning skills: understanding the behaviour of two basic types of economic agents(consumers and firms). They will discuss the problems posed by the interaction between economic agents of different kinds of markets (perfect competition, monopoly and oligopoly).
BONAVENTURA L. (2015), ISTITUZIONI DI ECONOMIA, McGRAW-HILL, CREATE CUSTOM PUBLISHING.