At the end of the course the student will know the meaning of health indicators, the general health situation of our country, possess the notions of epidemiological methodology for reading and interpreting the scientific work, know the basics of prevention of infectious and non-infectious diseases, possess general notions of organization, planning and health economics, communication and health management.
.Brief introduction to epistemology of knowledge
2. Scientific use
3. Types of measurement scales: nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio scales
4. Representation of data in graphs and tables
5. Central indicators, variability indicators, asymmetry and kurtosis
6. Probability, sum and product principle
7. Probability application
8. Diagnostic tests: sensitivity, specificity, predictive values
9. Relative risk and odds ratio
10. Probabiloity distributions: binomial, Poisson and normal
11. Standardized Gaussian curve
12. Inference: central limit theorem ,sample distribution of the mean and standard error
13. Confidence interval for the mean and variance
14. Hypothesis test: null and alternative hypotheses
15. Significance tests between two groups: Sudent t test for dependent and independent groups
16. Contingency tables and chi square test
Brief description of linear correlation and regression
Objectives and methods of Hygiene, Preventive Medicine and Public Health. Disease models. Prevention of infectious and chronic degenerative diseases. Risk factors and prevention in living and working environments. Care-associated infections. The communication for the protection and promotion of health. Definitions. Mode of communication and communication models. The health system in Italy. The evolution of National Health Service in Italy. The basic level of assistance (LEA). The financing of health care in Italy. The corporatization in health.
The health planning, general aspects, the programming, the National Health Plan (PSN) and Regional Health Plans (RDP)
Accreditation. The health management, managerial skills, managerial activities: planning and target selection, negotiate the budget, management control, the clinical governance, the promotion of quality, efficiency, effectiveness, clinical appropriateness, organizational appropriateness.
G. Agazzotti. Igiene Medicina Preventiva e del territorio. Sorbona
Material provided by the teacher